To share the love of writing, I offer workshops for children, teens and adults. If you would like to schedule a workshop, contact me.
Here’s what’s coming up next:
Writing True Stories With Impact (for adults and older teens, all levels)
Interested in writing about your real-life experiences? Perhaps a short memoir or an account of your travels? Learn how to write creative non-fiction that comes alive and resonates with readers by focusing on character, dialogue, telling details and more. Fiction techniques aren’t just for fiction!
After this 3 ½-hour workshop, you’ll come away knowing the basics of setting a scene. We may also touch upon:
- the types of creative non-fiction
- how to select subject matter with meaning
- how to stick to the truth (or not)
- how to research
- how to revise and get published.
All levels are welcome. If you have a creative non-fiction idea or piece already in the works, please bring it. Also bring something to write with.
- 1–4:30 p.m.
- Kaslo: Saturday, January 27, 2018
- Nakusp: Saturday, February 3, 2018
- $47.25 per person (including GST)
- Contact Selkirk College. (Registration opening soon: send me your email address if you’d like to be notified when registration opens.)
Nakusp resident Galadriel Watson loves writing about her life: from growing up dancing ballet, to approaching the empty-nest stage of parenting, to visiting museums with her daughter. Her articles been published in outlets like Discover, The Globe and Mail, Kootenay Mountain Culture and Parent.co. She has also had an award-winning piece broadcast on CBC Radio. In addition to many dozens of magazine and newspaper articles, she has published 22 non-fiction books for children. Her 23rd is scheduled for publication by Annick Press in winter 2019. She has an undergraduate degree in writing from the University of Victoria and will soon have a master’s degree in writing from the University of British Columbia.